EyeTV Mobile supports a few television standards:
• DVB-T – Also known as DTT and Freeview, this is digital TV over antenna or aerial
• 1seg – A mobile TV standard originated in Japan
• SBTVD – A mobile TV standard based on ISDB-T used in some South American countries
EyeTV Mobile only plays two video formats:
1) MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264, in standard definition,
2) 1seg/SBTVD broadcasts using H.264, at 320×240 resolution.
Countries That Support DVB-T
EyeTV Mobile can receive video in countries that:
• Support DVB-T or DTT, such as in the European Union, and
• Have standard definition MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264 broadcasts available.
A list of countries where DVB-T has been deployed is available here: http://dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/index.xml
EyeTV Mobile does not support HD broadcasts.
EyeTV Mobile does not support DVB-T2 (Freeview HD).
Countries That Support 1seg
EyeTV Mobile works in Japan, to receive 1seg signals.
EyeTV Mobile is being evaluated in South American countries using SBTVD. A list of countries where SBTVD is being deployed is available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISDB-T_International
EyeTV Mobile does not support full resolution ISDB-T or SBTVD signals.
North American Countries Do Not Support International version of EyeTV Mobile
EyeTV Mobile will not function in the United States or Canada, since those countries do not use DVB-T, 1seg nor SBTVD.
An ATSC M/H version of EyeTV Mobile is available in the United States, called EyeTV Mobile (US, Dyle™). ATSC M/H is a new handheld TV standard now being adopted in many areas of the US.
EyeTV Mobile (US, Dyle™) only works in the United States, and not Canada.
In general, please use EyeTV Mobile in the countries that it is officially sold in, to ensure full compatibility.