Some Hauppauge HD PVR users are reporting that their device is not connecting to EyeTV.
From examining their setup, we have found that their HD PVR is identified in a different way than other HD PVRs.
1) EyeTV identifies hardware by various means, including Product IDs.
2) Hauppauge and Elgato worked together a while ago to register certain Product IDs with EyeTV.
3) If a Product ID is not on the list, EyeTV won’t connect with it.
4) From user reports this week, there now is a new Product ID for the HD PVR in circulation, one that we hadn’t seen until now. Units with Product ID 0x4903 are not yet usable by EyeTV.
Identifying the Hauppauge HD PVR Product ID
To find out if your HD PVR has the newer Product ID:
1) Choose About This Mac from the Apple Menu.
2) Press the More Info… button to start the System Profiler application
3) Check the USB section, and highlight the HD PVR to find out its Product ID
Adding EyeTV Support For This HD PVR
We’ve asked Hauppauge to give more details about these newer HD PVRunits. That process is still ongoing – we don’t have the final word yet.
If there was no change from the older units, except for the Product ID, then a fix should be very fast.
If there was a change from the older units, beyond the Product ID, then any fix may take longer. We would have to test those new units, and make sure they work with EyeTV as expected.
Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this problem.
Any software updates that help with this issue will be shared via updates to this article.
Update October 16, 2010: New EyeTV Version Now Available
Some HD PVR users with this problem have tested a new build of EyeTV, that resolves the problem.
While EyeTV is running, please click on this link to start the update:
EyeTV 3.5.1 and above should work with these newer units. Please use the newest version of EyeTV available to you.
Thank you for your patience while we worked on this fix.