This privacy statement (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the privacy practices for Geniatech Europe GmbH
Managing Director: Michael Decker
Fax: 0049-2407- 55290-89
Information Collection and Use
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the data controller is GENIATECH.
GENIATECH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
◦ Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.GENIATECHshop.co.uk.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem to our site.
◦ If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
◦ Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
◦ Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
GENIATECH will not sell, share, transfer or rent information collected on this site other than as disclosed in this statement.
During registration you are required to give your contact information (such as name and email address). This information will be used to contact you about our products and services.
Log Files And Cookies
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
For the same reason, GENIATECH may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Uses Made Of The Information
GENIATECH uses information held about you in the following ways:
◦ To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
◦ To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
◦ To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and GENIATECH.
◦ [To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.]
◦ To notify you about changes to our service.
GENIATECH may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and GENIATECH (or they) may contact you about these by electronic means or telephone (email).
If you are an existing customer, GENIATECH will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where GENIATECH permits selected third parties to use your data, GENIATECH (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want GENIATECH to use your data in this way, or pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that GENIATECH is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
This web site uses technological and operational procedures to protect our users’ information. When you submit personal information via the web site, this is protected both online and offline.
When our registration form asks you to enter personal information we use all reasonable efforts to protect user-information online and offline. All of our users’ information, not just personal information, has restricted access. Our employees must use password-protected log-in screens to gain access to restricted information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure your information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. You may at any time request a copy of the data we hold on you by sending an email to uk_privacy@GENIATECH.com.
Disclosure Of Your Information
GENIATECH may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
GENIATECH may disclose your information to third parties:
◦ in the event that GENIATECH sells or buys any business or assets, in which case GENIATECH may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
◦ if GENIATECH or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Notification Of Changes